* fully remote position
About the Position
Shyft is looking for a highly motivated DevOps engineer to help build enterprise solutions and tooling for our client facing products and tools. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the most technologically gifted people in the Moving Industry to solve complex challenges in the architecture of internal, external, and customer facing architectures.
Shyft services internal and external sales teams with SaaS products that allow corporate relocation management companies and moving companies to make video inventories of people’s household goods so that they can get accurate quotes from movers. These inventories are then routed through internal (and external) quoting teams and end up in our proprietary moving company marketplace.
Additionally, Shyft has several web and native applications that are available on the iOS and Google Play app stores, as well as the web, that service customers directly.
All of these different projects need strong support in Dev Ops, and we are looking for a multidisciplinary generalist to help and guide development teams across these different verticals!
This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
We are hiring in Serbia, Bosnia, Europe, or a similar time zone.
- Integrate with each of the development teams with a focus on providing expertise in configuring, running, maintaining, and continuously improving automated procedures to build, deploy, test, and monitor software releases
- Drive effective and efficient collaboration between development, operations, and quality assurance teams
- Participate in all phases of application lifecycle including configuration and release management
- Ensure smooth operation of production and development environments and support in resolving incidents in close collaboration with dev and hosting teams
- Show an analytical and methodical approach for solving complex problems
- Own ideation and communication of the infrastructure roadmap to the development and management teams
- Responsibly manage and communicate costs with an eye towards efficiency
- 2+ years of Dev Ops experience in consumer or enterprise software development, including 2+ shipped projects end-to-end
- Proven track record of successfully deploying CI/CD tools (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, TFS, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Mastery of virtualisation and container platforms.
- Mastery of deploying, running and scaling services on cloud infrastructure platforms (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Mastery of configuring and administrating relational (e.g. MSSQL) and/or NoSQL databases
- Mastery of configuring and administrating applications or web servers
- Ability/Familiarity with to work in network protocols. (such as ISO/OSI, routing, firewall, VPN)
- Strong understanding of Agile software development