*fully remote position
Head of Business Development
We are looking for an inspiring, detail-oriented, and highly motivated Head of Business Development to help scale and drive the long term success of the business development function at Shyft. You’ll get to build out a team and play a key role in driving the next stage of growth. To be successful as the Head of Business Development you should be creative, curious, persuasive and have strong business acumen. Ultimately, an exceptional Head of Business Development should be adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively lead and manage the sales, relationship management, and sales support teams; fostering a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions that drive positive outcomes.
- In collaboration with the CRO, create and implement sales plans to strategically grow revenue in target markets.
- Work closely with leadership and other cross functional members of the management team to drive and implement corporate strategy and long-range planning based on current portfolio opportunities and risks, financing needs and organizational capabilities.
- Collaborate with Product Managers on Go-to-Market strategies for the product lines.
- Through the in-depth understanding of user needs, identify new opportunities and markets for Shyft’s products and services.
- Responsible for the acquisition of new customers/clients.
- Work with Marketing & Growth leadership to identify, communicate and prioritize business development initiatives.
- Monitoring and management of sales and support processes.
- Coordination of exercises designed to capture the Voice of the Customer.
- Identification of competitive threats to the underlying base of the company and propose appropriate action.
- Pursues the development of strategic partnerships and relationships.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the external facing functions and across the organisation.
- Continuously improve customer relations, particularly building a strong communications plan and a closed-loop feedback system that feeds into product development
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Shyft’s sales and relationship management are consistent with its business needs for providing quality of service to existing clients and prospects.
- Establish clear organisational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all staff within the team in line with anticipated growth.
- Prepare business development documents, presentations, and briefing books.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the function and Shyft goals.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels including presenting information to senior leadership and board of director level.
- The ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences
- 5+ years of experience in leading sales (and account management) team(s)
- Experience building a successful & profitable business with proven results
- Must be familiar with B2B, B2C, and multichannel strategies.
- Ability to deal with varied tasks and to work under pressure to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work effectively and responsibly without close supervision
- Proactive and innovative